Neobux, the best PTC - What I've ACTUALLY and REALLY earned.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Weird time! The Bamboo Sax

Good Monday bras!
Today is a new day, a beginning of a new week. How could a week start without a review about a weird instrument? I expecially love today's instrument, so I share with you a pretty long video (which will be watched by a few of people) cuz I think it's very interesting and pleasant.
Unfortunately this review is quite short, but I hope this video will complete the job.
Have a good day.
Uh, I forgot, the source is still Odd Music site.


Bamboo Saxophones
 
Some Bamboo Saxophones
Carefully electronically tuned, Ángel Sampedro del Rio's Bamboo saxophones consist of segments of bamboo successively larger in diameter.
This progression has now been demonstrated by acoustical studies as the most harmonically effective.

The joints are extremely solid and resistant over time. They have keys that cover toneholes outside the reach of the fingers. Since 1985 he has developed and built this instrument, with equal attention to acoustic design and aesthetics.
If you are not touching your nose with your left hand you're not reading this post.
Their interior is protected against changes of humidity, frequent in all wind instruments. The work with mouthpieces led him to use different bamboo types that give the instrument its own and characteristic sound.
They use conventional sax reeds, which can be acquired in any good musical store in the world. This improves the acoustic design and the fingering distribution.

The Bamboo sax is not an imitation of brass saxes, it is an instrument in its own right. They have certain differences and similarities.
Visit Ángel's Bamboo Sax website and other bamboo instruments at:
www.unmundodebambu.com.ar

34 comments:

  1. They don't seem as sleek as normal sax but they're definitely cool XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely cool :p ! Like it ^^ !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that as "bamboo sex". Suciô is disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound :) That guy is an awesome hippie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird, but I'd give my arm to have one. No, wait, my leg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - now that is interesting man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying these posts of "obscure" instruments! I immediately go to YouTube to see if I can find something on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. man they can make instruments of everything

    ReplyDelete
  9. That man is one charming bastard, I'll admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i lol'd
    i coudn't give a beating up with this instrument.. i guess..

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey that's cool and i think "why not?"
    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  12. They sound fricken awesome. I would get pussy literally dumped on me by the truckloads if I was to play this out on the street with a sick bongo drum-toting partner. I'd need to get a hipster hat like the dude in the video though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looking at the picture from a distance as I walked back toward my computer, they sort of resembled giant, evil fish!

    ReplyDelete

Chitika Center